Thursday, December 16, 2004

The Beginning

Well, since this is the first entry, I'd like to welcome everyone to my blog. I know it has a weird name "My life with Plastic Crack", so I guess that I'll start with that and make this first entry about that.

"Plastic Crack" as it's called is what player of miniature games call the pieces that we play with. We call it plastic crack because it's addicting. Once you get into the games, you buy more and more until you're either broke or have them all.

Currently I'm addicted to two forms of Plastic Crack, Heroclix and Star Wars Miniatures. I was also big into the Mage Knight line, but the realization that I can't afford to support three games hit me and I'm getting rid of most of my figures and out of the game. Great game, and if I had more extra income I'd stay in it, but at this time I don't and I don't see that changing anytime soon, barring that I win the lottery.

Heroclix is a great game that I got started with about 2 and a half years ago. I saw an article for it in Inquest magazine and thought I'd check it out. I went to a local gaming store later that week and bought a starter set and a few boosters. After that I was hooked. I started buying figures left and right before I even knew how to play the game that well. About 6 months after that, I moved to Richmond to go back to EKU. There was a local gaming store there that had weekly tournaments. I started going and playing there every week. Then I started attending other tournaments around the area as well. And on top of that I had a weekly game with some friends. I started to get to be an ok player. I remember finally winning my first tournament and thinking, finally I've won one. After that I've won my good share of tournaments and have become one of the best players around. I recently traveled 5 and a half hours with a friend to a tournament and won it. Not too shabby considering the figure we played for was worth $1,000.00.

The other game, Star Wars Minis, is a game that hasn't been out for a long time. It came out in September of this year and just recently came out with it's second set. I've won a few tournaments and must say that I definately enjoy the game as it's fun to get Jedis and Wookies and Ewoks out on the board and do battle.

Yeah I'm a nerd. And a gamer. But that's what I have fun doing and thus it takes up most of my free time.

I'm not completely about games though. I have a girlfriend that I care about very much. We've been dating for almost 6 months now and it's going really well. She supports my gaming habits, which is something I adore about her. Not many other girls would be willing to put up with it, let alone encourage it. The thinking that both of us share is that we each have our interests and as long as the other supports it then it's all good. She's into manicures and makeup, two things I have no clue about, but they make her happy. As long as we're happy in our interests, that's really all that matters.

I'm currently working in Tech Support. I sit here and take calls regarding passwords and computers that are down and either help solve the problem while I'm on the phone or forward it on to a higher level of support for further assistance. It's not a bad job. I make some alright money and get paid weekly so the bills are all getting paid, which is really all that matters when you think about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Master Foley said...

game on my friend

December 16, 2004 at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home